You want to install Linux ( Mint/Ubuntu or any other) OS in your old PC but the DVD drive is not working.
Don’t worry you can do it assuming that you can boot into your windows OS and have broadband Internet connection with sufficient disk space.
1. Download the Mint iso installer file
2. Download Virtual Clone drive
3. Install virtual clone drive on your system
5. Open the iso file and Mount it. If your clone drive is associated with the ISO extention then double clicking on the iso file will automatically mount.
6. Now you have virtual DVD drive with Linux DVD mounted.
7. You can now perform all the steps as it is done when installing from physical drive.