Everyone want to succeed in life. Whether your are employed or a businessman or in sports; it does not matter. I have listed down few points that can help you achieve that. The points are not in order of priority. All are equally important.
- Do not talk negatively about people behind their backs. if you gossip, people would not confide in you. Mind your own business.
- Try to work for someone who will challenge your powers. You will learn more in a year than 4 years of college
- Successful bosses have good communication skills. They learn from people, including their employees.
- Work in such a way that makes your boss look good. It is not flattery.
- On downsizing, the first to go are those with few friends. Bosses prefer competent people whom they respect.
- Dress for the job you want not the one you have. Let your dress reflect professionalism.
- Workout to get in good physical shape. Unless exceptionally skilled, the unhealthy are at a comparative disadvantage.
- Personal integrity is crucial. Tell nothing but truth. Bosses can forgive mistakes but if you lie you are gone.
- Try to arrive few minutes early. It saves from stress. You will be much relaxed and work better.
- Strive your best to keep your deadline. If you cannot meet it, then apologize and ask for an extension.
- Do not take things personally. If some people are unhappy with you it is their problem. But always strive to give your best.
- If you must correct someone, do not get personal about it. Do it never in front of others.
- Spend some time alone everyday. What is the mission of my life? What do I want to be? And how to go about it.
- As you move along Plan A of your career, maintain a plan B as well – an alternative course to rely.
- Always remember that secret of success is passion. Always think big. Some examples from India are, Sachin Tendulkar in cricket. His passion for the game has made him achieve what he has. There are many more examples for this.
Do you have any other thing on your mind or you do not agree with any of the above 15 ? Your opinion is welcome.