You have received your Arduino UNO and want to quickly verify and test arduino uno that it is in good condition or you want to write your first Arduino UNO program. To do so you need to follow the following steps:
- Launch the Arduino IDE. If you have not installed, you can download from following site and install it.
- Connect the Arduino to USB port.
- Write the following code to blink the on board LED
- Compile and upload the code.
- The on board LED should start blinking every second.
Steps to Enable Dark Mode in windows 10
Microsoft has introduced a dark theme option for the new Edge browser in Windows10 is looks great.
As of now it is only available for Edge browser. But there is a simple tweak to enable dark mode for Windows 10. Following are the steps to do that.
Step 1: Launch the registry editor
Run the command regedit in run window or type it in search window and select it to open.
Step2: Access the correct value as mentioned below.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Themes -> Personalize
Step3: Add a new item of type DWORD(32) value.
Add a new value of type DWORD(32) and rename it to “AppsUseLightTheme,”. Keep the default value set to 0.
Step:4 Logout/restart the system.
You are now done.
Note: Updating registry is not recommended. Try at your own risk.
Whenever Ubuntu updates to a new Linux kernel, the old one is left behind and the boot menu gets longer. If your new Linux kernel is working fine, then it is safe to remove the old one and clean up the boot menu.
- Go to Applications (or Main Menu) > Accessories > Terminal.
- Enter uname -r to print the Linux kernel version you are running( example 3.11.0-12-generic )
- Go to Synaptic Package Manager. Menu option may vary depending on the version of Linux and desktop used.
- Click Status from the left panel and select Installed.
- Enter the main version number (e.g. 3.11.0) in the Search box.
- Right-click the items with smaller sub version number (e.g. 3.11.0-10) for older Linux kernel and select Mark for Complete Removal. The files for the older version to remove may include linux-headers-3.11.0-10, linux-headers-3.11.0-10-generic and linux-image-3.11.0-10-generic.
- Click Apply from the top panel.
- Click Apply again from the pop-up window to confirm removal of the marked packages. The boot menu will be cleaned up automatically after the removal is confirmed.
Do take these steps carefully as incorrect removal of the items can make your system unbootable.
Windows default share C$, D$ etc are recreated on machine restart or restarting the server service. To remove these share we can add a batch file which will remove the share. This batch file can be executed every time the machine is restarted by placing it in startup folder.
Create a batch file with following text
net share c$ /delete
net share d$ /delete
and save it as shareremove.bat(as an example). You can provide any name of your choice.
Copy this file in windows startup folder.
Now every time the machine is restarted the two shared drives c$ and D$ are removed from share.
To change MAC-Address for a Network card in Windows Registry:
- Click Start – Run, type “regedit”
- Navigate to
3. Under this key, you shoud see numbers in sequence as “0000″, “0001″ and so on. Click on one at a time to check the description of the device to match it with that of your Network Card. In my case (0001)
4. Once found, in the right-pane, look for “NetworkAddress” key value. If you find it, right-click and select modify. Enter the desired MAC-Address as a 12 digit number (all in one, no “space” “.” or “-”)
5. If you don’t find the key, right-click in the rightpane, select “New” – “String Value”. Enter the name as “NetworkAddress”. Now modify and set the desired value.
6. Now, disable and enable the Network card from the ControlPanel – Network Connections.
This should reflect the new MAC-Address on your NIC. Should you choose to go back to the original manufacturer set MAC-Address simply delete the key you just created/modified in the Windows Registry.
You can also use a tool like Technitium MAC Address Changer to change the MAC-Address of your NIC